Sunday, October 24, 2010

Choose hard-work, energy and experienced leadership

Since I was first elected on November 13, 2006 I have never given our community’s students and taxpayers anything less than 110% of my time, commitment and energy.  By having the best board meeting attendance record of any trustee, I have been able to articulate our community’s needs all while having a cautious approach to spending precious education tax dollars.

I have helped guide hundreds of parents through the school board bureaucracy to ensure their children get the services they deserve.    I’ve attended hundreds of Parent Council meetings to hear the concerns of parents and to ensure the board collects their input on new policies.  I have regularly met with municipal, provincial and federal representatives to make certain that our board’s funding inequities are properly and permanently addressed.

Over the course of the campaign, I’ve gone through two pairs of shoes, delivered over 20,000 flyers and have spoken with many of you on your doorstep about how our public schools can be even better than they are now.  With your support, I want to be the catalyst for change.  I want to be our community’s voice at the board table.  I want to serve you and your family with the same energy I’ve given our community for the past four years.

I would be honoured to have your support tomorrow.  Together, let’s make all public schools better than ever!

Best wishes,

John Shea

1 comment:

  1. How can you be the catalyst for change when for the past 4 years you have represented the status quo and propose more of the same?

    Is it true that you will be re-imbursing the school board for using your school board (taxpayer) funded website as part of your election campaign?

    ReplyDelete