Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Student Trustees

Tonight I met with the OCDSB's two new student trustees to go over the board's legislative agenda for the fall and to give them an overview of their new role.  As the board's student trustee mentor (for the last four years in a row), I make it a point to meet with the newly elected student trustees every September and provide them with helpful advice on how to adapt to their new life as a student representative!

As a former student trustee myself, I know how daunting the position can seem - especially to a high school student!  Luckily the board has two great people in Eric Chen and Elizabeth Blight both grade 12 students at Bell and Canterbury (respectively) as our student trustees for the 2010-2011 school year.  I have no doubt that they will represent the district well while travelling across the province.

After my meeting with our student trustees, I had a Strategic Planning and Priorities committee meeting, in camera committee of the whole meeting and finally a public board meeting.

Busy night at the board office!

No comments:

Post a Comment